By Crystal:
As we approached Logan Airport Elizabeth said "This Rick Steves bag has a key thingie. Where did you put the keys to the apartment (in London)"?
My stomach clenched, I started to sweat, I began to search frantically, my stomach heaved. The keys are nowhere to be found. At home in Maine, possibly. In my checked luggage, maybe. But NOT on the Rick Steves "key thingie". I have called the landlord and she is going to try and work magic for us, the cleaning lady in Highgate has a set of keys. Hopefully it will work out.
THE GOOD NEWS IS...
Fortunately we made it through the security checkpoint without having anything confiscated, unlike the elderly gentleman who attempted to scoot past with a tube of Desitin for his personal comfort. Fortunately one of the TSA workers took mercy on him and allowed him to keep his personal care product. Whew.
As we approached Logan Airport Elizabeth said "This Rick Steves bag has a key thingie. Where did you put the keys to the apartment (in London)"?
My stomach clenched, I started to sweat, I began to search frantically, my stomach heaved. The keys are nowhere to be found. At home in Maine, possibly. In my checked luggage, maybe. But NOT on the Rick Steves "key thingie". I have called the landlord and she is going to try and work magic for us, the cleaning lady in Highgate has a set of keys. Hopefully it will work out.
THE GOOD NEWS IS...
Fortunately we made it through the security checkpoint without having anything confiscated, unlike the elderly gentleman who attempted to scoot past with a tube of Desitin for his personal comfort. Fortunately one of the TSA workers took mercy on him and allowed him to keep his personal care product. Whew.
Hmmmm---I don't see anything that is in the brochure. I'll ask that man over there. "Sir" "What city is this?"
ReplyDeleteThat's odd he said he didn't speak English.